Sunday, December 7, 2014

Mussar: iThink - I'm Losing Control (Avos 1:7)

Rav Hutt

ואל תתיאש מן הפורענות


What am I supposed to do when my shoulders ache from supporting what feels like the weight of the world?  Where am I to turn after I have exhausted every possibility imaginable?  How am I to feel when it seems I am losing control?  Helpless!  In truth, I am not the one who is in control.  There are many limitations to what I can do.  And my shoulders do not need to ache because the weight is not carried by me alone.  Our role is to put forth diligent responsible effort, and G-d in His infinite wisdom guides the happenings of the world in perfection.  As dark and desperate as a situation may appear to be at the moment from our perspective, the truly limitless Controller can bring about not only relief, rather the means for success and tranquility as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment