Monday, February 16, 2015

Mussar: iThink - I Like Your Smile (Avos 1:15)

Rav Hutt

If I knew how challenging of a day my parents or spouse had at work, would I not try harder to greet them with a smile when they came home?  If I was aware of the frustration that my children experienced at school today, would I not try harder to greet them with a smile when meeting them at the bus?  If I appreciated the family difficulties that my coworkers were struggling with at home, would I not try harder to greet them with a smile when passing by each morning?  If I realized that everyone else ignored the cashiers at the store, would I not try harder to greet them when my turn came to pay?  If I remembered that even people without 'problems' or troubles in their day appreciate being cheerfully acknowledged, would I not try harder to greet them with a smile – even those whom I do not know?  A smile resembles a turn of 180˚.  Flash someone a smile, and turn his day around.

No comments:

Post a Comment